Page 4 of 5
I understand that Kindred Healthcare has legal and ethical responsibilities to safeguard the privacy of all patients and to protect the confidentiality of their patients’ health information. I understand I am expected to comply with hospital policies as they relate to maintaining the privacy of our patients’ individually identifiable health information..
I know it is my right and responsibility to seek guidance about privacy issues when I am uncertain about which actions to take.
I will fully cooperate in any investigation of conduct, which may be a violation of hospital policies and standards.
I also agree to the following statements:
- I will not disclose or discuss any confidential information with others, including friends or family, who do not have a need to know it.
- I will not in any way divulge, copy, release, sell, loan, alter, or destroy confidential information except as properly authorized.
- I will not discuss confidential information where others can overhear the conversation. It is not acceptable to discuss confidential information even if the patient’s name is not used.
- I will not make any unauthorized transmissions, inquiries, modifications, or purging of confidential information.
- I agree that my obligations under this Agreement will continue after my relationship ceases with the Hospital.
- Upon termination, I will immediately return any documents or media containing confidential information to the Hospital.
- I understand that I have no right to any ownership interest in any information accessed or created by me during my relationship with the Hospital.
- I will act in the best interest of the Hospital and in accordance with its Code of Conduct at all times during my relationship with the Hospital.
Dated this the 4 day of December, 2020.